Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Are You Afraid of Commitment?

The relationship that I'm talking about here is with your wall decor! The number one issue that I run into with Home Staging clients is their fear of commitment. While their homes may be overflowing with "stuff", in all their years in the home, they have yet to commit to hanging anything on the walls. I can't tell you how often I hear statements such as "I wasn't sure if I was going to replace or move that couch", and "I just never found the right piece". Well, I have a simple solution - get over it! Don't be afraid to put holes in your wall. Art is personal, so stop thinking of what others will say when they see it, and buy what you like. If you get tired of it over time, then simply change it up. Holes in walls can be easily patched and re-painted if furniture arrangements change and wall hangings need to be moved. Another alternative is 3M Command Picture Hanging Hooks that stick to the wall securely without leaving any marks. So fall in love with your walls again, and make a commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam comments will not be tolerated and will be deleted.